Sunday, June 22, 2008

Week 4, Rest Day

Today was not a schedule rest day, but there are thunderstorms about. I will run in the rain, but I will not run in thunderstorms. I just have to make sure that putting off this run (and future runs) is truly about the weather and not about my trepidation of having to run 5 minutes at a time. The first run of the week is always the scariest.

Speaking of running, TJ and I saw Get Smart today and it was hilarious. I say "speaking of running" because Max first meets 99 when she runs over him. They compare their mile split times, and hers are under 6 minutes. Oh, my. I will likely never have that pace - my legs are much shorter than Anne Hatthaway's :)

Anyway, weather-permitting I will resume my training on Tuesday and Wednesday, and try to fit in another run on Friday if I can - otherwise it will get pushed to next Sunday. One of these days I'd like to bring my camera with me and document my running path, too.

This is one of my options for my 5k:

I might pick this one just for the name :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good on you girls for making a start. I started couch to 5k last May with my friend, and I've kept going and have just finished my first half marathon.
Keep it up, I look forward to following your progress.