Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week 3, Day 2

So TJ has enough songs of the appropriate length that I was actually able to make a playlist of running-themed songs. The walking songs are in navy, the running ones are in aqua.
  • *Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1 / Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips (4:46)
  • Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 2 / Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips (2:58)
  • *Healthy Body / Operation Ivy: Energy - Operation Ivy (1:41)
  • Emperor of Ohio / You Can't Do That on Stage Any More - Frank Zappa (1:32)
  • *F**k and Run / Exile in Guyville - Liz Phair (3:08)
  • *You are a Runner and I am my Father's Son / Apologies to the Queen Mary - Wolf Parade (2:55)
  • *Oh Poor You / Really Really Happy - The Muffs (1:35)
  • *Dies Irae / Requiem - Alfred Schnittke (1:21)
  • *Burn it Off / Damage - Blues Explosion (2:56)
  • *From Point A to Point B / Sad Sappy Sucker - Modest Mouse (2:56)
  • *Into the Morning of the Magicians / Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips (6:19)
  • Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell / Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips (4:34)
"Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1" was actually really great as a first song - it sets a brisk walking pace and the narrative of the song really gets you pumped up to get in shape... so you can defeat the evil robots. Plus it got me nostalgic for my freshman year at Oberlin.

The three minutes of running seemed easier today than it did yesterday, so that's good. I'll be going for my third run on Friday, so hopefully it will be even easier. It had better be, as five-minute runs will be next!

While out today I had an epiphany about what I should do for my mother's birthday, but I won't post it here in case she is reading this. She likely is. Hi, Mom, you're getting a cool birthday present this year! I like that running gives me time to think, and also to listen to some music. Oh, yes, and get in shape.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Erin! Good progress on movng off the couch, and a great idea to think of birthday presnts...keep going!!! :)Love, Mom