Friday, June 13, 2008

Sara's Running this Week

Running this week has been pretty good so far. I ended up swapping out a song in my playlist (the "Homestar Runner Theme Song" for Patty Griffin's "Reprise") because I realized I needed something more upbeat at the end of my run, and this worked really well. Thanks to Erin for reminding me that Homestar Runner has short, fun songs!

I went running early on Tuesday because my parents were coming into town. Always tricky to do that because I want to eat something first but also don't want to be running on a full stomach. I had a little snack and that worked pretty well. My parents and I went up to Sonoma for wine tasting, but went hiking for a couple of hours first at the Jack London nature preserve. There was lots and lots of uphill, so I could tell my running muscles would be pretty sore. I skipped out on running Wednesday for that reason, and also because of my parents being in town (we went swimming at the beach in Santa Cruz).

Yesterday, I was at my office most of the day while my parents took off for Nevada. When I got home, I was so not in the mood for running, not least of which because it had been a pretty hot day. But, I finally pulled myself off my ass and went out, which was actually a good decision to wait since it had cooled off a lot. And, even despite missing the day before, I thought the run went well. It's interesting because I feel like it gets easier during a particular run...that is, the first song is really hard, and then by the last song I feel pretty good. Weird.

No comments: