Saturday, June 21, 2008

Running on the Golden Gate Bridge

My parents have been in town the past two days and so we've been doing a little touring around the area. On Thursday, we decided to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge! It's a little less than a mile across and the view is amazing! On the way back across, my mom asked if I'd done my running that day; I said no, but it was ok because she was in town so I could skip a day. But, then we spontaneously decided that we would do some running on the bridge! There were actually a lot of other joggers too. I didn't have my iPod so we went off of my mom's watch, which may not have been very exact, and we only did 3 minute intervals, but I think I got in the total amount of running minutes I was supposed to, or something in the general vicinity. Such pretty views! Running on the bridge was lots of fun. However: word to the wise...if you spontaneously decide to start running, try NOT to do it when you're wearing sandals! I woke up yesterday morning with the tendon in one of my legs pretty sore...ouch! Tennis shoes next time. Luckily I seem to feel fine this morning. :)

No comments: