Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Week 4, Day 1

Running for 5 minutes was, actually, much easier than I had expected. Yay! I think it helped that both songs that I picked were extremely effective. "Rockin' the Suburbs" was quite appropriate for both my setting and my mission, and the tempo was perfect. "7" was great because I really did feel like smoting someone at that point in my run :) As I passed them on the path, I thought of smoting the other joggers, cars, and some squirrels, although this was all as benevolent as possible.
  • *Head Over Feet / Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette (4:27)
  • Ironic / Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette (3:50)
  • *At Last / My Cherie Amor - Stevie Wonder (2:52)
  • *Berliner Messe - Zweiter Alleluiavers (Arvo Part) / I am the True Vine - ProArte Singers (1:22)
  • **Rockin' the Suburbs / Rockin' the Suburbs - Ben Folds (4:59)
  • *Colonel Hathi's March (The Jungle Book) / Classic Disney - J. Pat O'Malley (2:31)
  • *Don't Ask Me Why / Greatest Hits Vol. 2 - Billy Joel (2:57)
  • *Sweet Sweet / Siamese Dreams - Smashing Pumpkins (1:39)
  • *7 // The Hits/The B-Sides - Prince (5:09)
  • *Hand in my Pocket / Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette (3:42)
  • You Learn / Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette (4:00)
  • Forgiven / Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette (5:00)
I decided to take some photos of what a run is like for me. If you want to see a larger version of an image, just click on it!

Tonks helps me prepare for my run, which consists of putting on a cute running
outfit and lots of sunscreen. She's so encouraging. And creepy.


The sidewalk leading away from my apartment.


I actually live on the same street as this house.


Obstacle #1: Berries. Anyone know if these are poisonous?


Walking over a brook.


Where I stretch after my warm-up walk.


Bridge over the lake.


View of Lower Shaker Lake.


Geese! They stayed more or less in the same place the
entire time I was out.


The beginning of the path.


The long and winding road. This is why I think Google maps probably
underestimates my mileage.


A meadow!


Sometimes I like to walk on top of the wall instead of on the path.


A view of the lake from the path.


I took a detour on my way home to see more of the lake. Check out this dude, and
also the geese in the background. They are lazy geese.


Another view of the brook.


I went a little "off road" on the way home, since I was done running.


People were feeding these ducks from a bridge.


Ah, home sweet home.

I recently read that chocolate milk makes an excellent discovery drink, and who am I to argue with what I read on the Internet? So I poured myself a cold one and enjoyed.

No comments: