Saturday, June 14, 2008

Week 2, Day 3

I've reached the end of week 2! I'm always excited at the end of a week to try the next week. I get excited about the different time intervals and start looking at songs to include. Next week is especially exiting, because I am finally getting into times that are actually song lengths - 3 minutes of running, woo!

Today went well. It was beautiful out, so luckily I remembered sunscreen (SPF 75). I was only out for 45 minutes and was in the shade about 3/4 of the time, so I should be ok. I took a slightly different route that gave me different views of the lake, which was nice, but it was a much less level running surface, so I might not go that way too often. There were a lot of other people out running, walking, and biking, and I always like smiling at them as I pass.

I actually listened to music during my warm-up walk today as well, now that I know about how long it takes me to get to my starting point. I'm definitely going to try to do that from now on.

These songs are mostly the same as from my last run, but I kept them so I could actually listen to them this time :) I did a couple of changes, but they're all from my first run of the week, so there's still nothing completely new. The walking songs are in navy, the running ones are in aqua.
  • *While My Guitar Gently Weeps / The White Album - The Beatles (4:45)
  • *Blackbird / The White Album - The Beatles (2:18)
  • *Across the Universe / Let It Be ... Naked - The Beatles (3:38)
  • Bongo Confront / Return of the Candyman - Charlie Hunter & Pound for Pound (1:21)
  • *The Wicked Messenger / John Wesley Harding - Bob Dylan (2:03)
  • *St. Andrew (This Battle is in the Air) / Icky Thump - The White Stripes (1:50)
  • *Road / Pink Moon - Nick Drake (2:03)
  • *Bafferton Village / Walsh's Hornpipe // The Bells of Dublin - The Chieftans (1:24)
  • ***Them Good Ol' Fashioned Parallels - Walker Evans (1:58)
  • *Kevin Puts - Canyon for Solo Marimba 1. Toccata / Ritual Protocol - Makoto Nakura (1:23)
  • *Faust Arp / In Rainbows - Radiohead (2:10)
  • Chippewa / The Bribe - John Zorn (1:25)
  • *Deianara Crush / Sweden - The Mountain Goats (1:54)
  • *Gilly (Breakdown) / The Genius of the Electric Guitar - Charlie Christian & the Benny Goodman Sextet (1:32)
  • *Tonks Hunts a Leprechaun - Erin Grady (2:08)
  • *I'm So Tired / The White Album - The Beatles (2:03)
  • *Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da / The White Album - The Beatles (3:09)
  • *Let it Be / Let It Be ... Naked - The Beatles (3:54)
For a total of 40.8 minutes. Good songs this week :)

No comments: