Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Week 1, Day 2

I made today's playlist entirely of TJ's music. Well, not quite entirely. There used to be two Deerhoof songs and a Tommy Makem song, but they were m4a's and don't play on non-iPod mp3 players. So I replaced them with some of my stuff that didn't quite make the cut yesterday.

I thin I'm going to do my weekly playlists Jazzerpat -style: two different playlists on days 1 and 2, and then a "best of" on day 3.

The walking songs are in navy, the running ones are in aqua. Songs especially fitting for their purpose get an asterisk; songs that would have worked better for the opposite purpose get 2 asterisks.

  • Proceed with Caution / The Dillinger Escape Plan (Reissue) - Dillinger Escape Plan (1:03)
  • Sweet Sweet / Siamese Dream - Smashing Pumpkins (1:39)
  • Inaktelki notak - Songs from Inaktelle / A Cappella Choral Works (Ligeti) - London Sinfonietta Voices (0:52)
  • Main Title / Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack - Randy Edelman (1:45)
  • Mr. Club / The New Romance - Pretty Girls Make Graves (0:48)
  • *Eliza / A Picture of Nectar - Phish (1:32)
  • Petite camusette / Josquin Desprez: Motets et Chansons - Hilliard Ensemble (1:02)
  • **Kevin Puts - Canyon for Solo Marimba 1. Toccata / Ritual Protocol - Makoto Nakura (1:23)
  • *Royal March from "l'Histoire du Soldat" / Make a Jazz Noise Here - Fran Zappa (0:59)
  • Steep / Billy Breathless - Phish (1:38)
  • *Wild Honey Pie / The White Album - The Beatles (1:01)
  • **St. Andrew (This Battle Is in the Air) / Icky Thump - The White Stripes (1:50)
  • Harry, You're a Beast / Make a Jazz Noice Here - Frank Zappa (0:48)
  • Mass for Five Voices 1-Kyrie (William Byrd) / Best of the Renaissance - The Tallis Scholars (1:27)
  • *They're Red Hot / Blood Sugar Sex Magik (1:12)
  • Dirty Old Egg-Suckin' Dog / At Folsom Prison - Johnny Cash (1:30)
  • You Can Be as Loud as the Hell You Want / Avenue Q Original Cast Recording (1:12)
  • *Chan Chan / Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club (4:18)
  • De Camino a La Verdea / Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club (5:04)

It started raining immediately upon my return home. This was good in one sense, but bad in the sense that we're off to an ourdoor James Taylor concert. :( Wish us a soggy but good time!

2 comments:

Megan said...

JAZZERPAT!!!

I've recently embarked on my own workout regimen--3 days of interval training for one hour, and 2 days with 45 minutes of cardio. I'm in the middle of week 4 and so far it's going splendidly. So while I'm not doing couch-to-5k, maybe we can figure out some other way to motivate each other and be long distance workout buddies!

Anonymous said...

I <3 Jazzerpat. I keep toying with the idea of joining a Jazzercise studio here, but I just know it won't be the same.

I would love to find some way to be workout buddies. Maybe you could start your own blog and we can comment for each other? I'm open to suggestions :)

How is Arizona treating you, by the way?