Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week 3: Workouts 1 and 2

So after my first aborted attempt at Week 3 that left me wheezing before the first 90 seconds of running was through, I decided to wait out this heat wave before attempting to run outdoors again. I think humidity was at around 98%, and it was in the 80s or even 90s for the entire past 2 weeks.

So I went running at the gym, where there is beautiful, beautiful air conditioning. I went with my mom both times, who walked quickly on the treadmill next to me. Even though she walked the whole time, I only ended up going about .2 miles further than she did in distance, so we are fighting (not really). TJ came along for the second work-out, although he did the elliptical instead of running.

I did find one dangerous thing about running on a treadmill while using the playlist below: being on a treadmill during the OK Go song makes it REALLY hard to resist the urge to try doing this:



The walking songs are in navy, the running ones are in aqua.
  • Earth Song/ Number Ones - Michael Jackson (5:01)
  • Coming Clean / Dookie - Green Day (1:35)
  • A Prayer of St. Patrick / Gloria - The Sacred Music of John Rutter -- City of London Sinfonia, Cambridge Singers (1:33)
  • You Can't Hurry Love / Serious Hits... Live! - Phil Collins (2:54)
  • Your Smiling Face / Greatest Hist (Live) - James Taylor (2:55)
  • Nut Rocker / Tessie EP - Dropkick Murphys (1:22)
  • Mass for Five Voices (William Byrd) / Best of the Renaissance - Tallis Scholars (1:27)
  • Here It Goes Again / Master the Treadmill with OK Go - OK Go (3:00)
  • Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 2 / Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips (2:58)
  • You Are Not Alone / 1996 Grammy Nominees - Michael Jackson (5:48)

No comments: