Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mile Run at Field Day!

The school where I teach had its field day on Wednesday -- super fun! I made excellent shirts for all the kids in my advisory (as well as myself), there was a volleyball tournament, and the teachers whooped the students in a giant tug-of-war match.


There was also a mile run. Here I am!

See how quickly I am running? I was actually not running all that quickly -- I ended up doing the interval plan from Week 2 of Couch to 5K, and finished 22nd with a time of 13:55 (for 1.06 miles, actually). Out of 22 who finished, but about 35 who started the race. Mr. Griffin won overall, and students from my advisory were both the first boy and the first girl to finish. It was the power of the T-shirts. Overall, a pretty good experience! Hopefully at next year's field day, I can convince some slower people to enter have a faster time!

No comments: